MLBlogs Top 100- Number 20!
In the craziness that took up pretty much my entire weekend that was Observing Baseball Trivia, I didn’t get to write an entry about an awesomely awesome thing: I made top-20 on 2012 on MLBlogs!
That was a whole nine-spot jump from 2011′s list. That may not seem like much, but: it was a third of my 2011 ranking that I jumped up by, there were a ton of great new blogs that started up in 2012 (there were some GREAT blogs that stopped writing in 2012, but they’re still on the list up top.), and each spot gets harder to jump as one goes up closer to the top of the list. I’m also enjoying this one because I know it will be a lot harder next year since there are two blogs that produce great content–that I got a head start on in 2012–that will probably leap-frog me in 2013 by the names of Three Up, Three Down and Ballparks on a Budget. You know, because people like to read good content instead what I throw up here every few days.
Thank you for reading. It’s been a pleasure writing. And I plan to try to make it an even better 2013. How you say? Well, I wrote about my goals for 2013, which is pretty much the same. So you can go check that out for details. And because of me being at this spot in the MLBlogs scene, you may notice the addition of the badge over in the sidebar. Speaking of the sidebar…
For the next few days I’ll actually be taking care of some general maintenance-of-the-blog stuff. That includes, but is not limited to
- Completely re-doing the sidebar- I was in the middle of doing this when Observing Baseball Trivia came around, so you can see some of it already up as of when I publish this entry.
- Deleting and “privatizing” entries- A ton of the entries I’ve written–especially before my Twitter account–just don’t make any sense out of context. That, and a ton of them are just bad. A lot of the times before Twitter I would post an entry simply to tell readers why I was behind on writing or other updates like that. So, I will be deleting the entries that make no sense out of context and saving the other ones as drafts that I just don’t like in general. Don’t worry, though. I won’t get rid of any that are a part of entry series, but any that I just think are awful and were meant to stand on their own (there are a bunch of them) I will delete or save them as a draft if I want to keep them for information’s sake. I will, however, keep them as a part of my “Words Written” stat, because I don’t feel like recalculating that stat. I will also edit entries if they contain an update-y part of the entry so it’s just the content of the entry itself is showing.
So again, thank you for reading and may your 2013 be an awesome one.
And finally, even though I know I wrote right above this that I would be pulling down/making private entries like this one once the context for these entries’ time has passed, with Observing Baseball Trivia, yet another poll item has been crossed off the list, so it is time to include the updated poll as well as the already-done ideas:
Here are the entries I’ve done:
1. Ballhawk Interviews- 33 votes
2. Stadium Profiles- 26 votes
3. Ballhawk Profiles- 33 votes
4. Dissect (a) Baseball(s)- 26 votes
5. Tour Target Field when there’s snow on the ground- 26 votes
6. Weird Observing Baseball Facts and Records- 28 votes
7. New Observing Baseball Icon- 17 votes
8. MLBlogs I Recommend- 33 votes
9. Observing Baseball Trivia- 32 votes
And I would do the remaining items in order of number of votes, but it appears the poll for some reason decided to make sense all of a sudden and put them in this order automatically when you look at the results now. Although, I will say this: many of the top items can’t be done until I get back to Minnesota, so if you see me go out of order, that’s why.
239,179 Words Written so far…